Homai Vyarawalla Photos | Images | Photography | Award | Quotes | Husband

Homai Vyarawalla Photos | Images | Photography | Award | Quotes | Husband


Homai Vyarawalla born on (9 December 1913 – 15 January 2012), and commonly known by her pseudonym Dalda 13, and it was India's first woman photojournalist. First active in the late year 1930s, she retired in the early year 1970s. In 2011, she was awarded with Padma Vibhushan, the second highest civilian award of the Republic of India.
Homai Vyarawalla was born on 9 December 1913 at Pranjal Shah's houseNavsariBombay stateBritish India.

Homai Vyarawalla Photos and Images


Photos of Teenage






Image Of Awarding Padma Bhushan


Images Of Old Age





Homai Vyarawalla Husband and his Personal Life


Homai Vyarawalla was married to Manekshaw Jamshetji Vyarawalla is an accountant and photographer for the Times of India. In 1970 that year after her husband’s death, she gave up photography and as she did not wish to work with the new generation paparazzi culture.
Homai Vyarawalla then moved to Pilani, Rajasthan, with her only son, Farouq who taught at BITS Pilani. She returned to Vadodara (formerly Baroda) with her son in 1982. After her son's death from cancer in 1989, she lived alone in a small apartment in Baroda and spent her time gardening.
Homai Vyarawalla Quotes

"I have always done all my work myself since I was seven years old"
"My colleagues had all been gentlemen but the new crop did not know how to behave in high society .I did not want to be associated with such riffraff"
"Most people think that I have done only 'Political Photography', but that's not quite true. I was a regular contributor to Onlooker Magazine in Mumbai that covered VIP social events and carried photographs of high society people"
"You should live on your own, do your own work. It gives you self satisfaction" 
"We had rules for photographers;  we even followed a dress code. We treated each other with respect, like colleagues. But then, things changed for the worst. They (the new generation of photographers) were only interesting in making a few quick bucks; I didn't want to be part of the crowd any more"
"Don't go by my age. Go by the age of my photograph. They will remain after me, they will remain for the years"

Thanks for reading this article please subscribe my blog for latest Google trends share this post on social media and comment on.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert Koch - Wiki | Photos | Inventions | Postulates | Awards

Zaira Wasim - Wiki | Dangal | Age | Twitter | Parents | Instagram